Holyfile.com - Drivers
- Download and update computer drivers for free here
- This is your American source to free computer drivers, which are safe to install. All the drivers and the programs, that auto-updates your drivers, in this section, is clean of malware and free to download. All the drivers are free to use as well of course. Several of the auto-updaters are of freeware license as well but the premium driverupdaters are only free to try. The few dollars is however a good trade for the safe, effective and rapid auto-update of drivers that the premium scanners offer. We recommend our users to try out DriverScanner, which we use ourselves.
- What are drivers good for and why should I update them?
- We’re glad you asked cause it’s a quite important part of your computer. Drivers are actually software, like programs are, and they are there to make your software and hardware understand each other. Hench old drivers can make your programs and hardware run slower or even crash in some rare cases. Counter wise new, correct, updated drivers can improve your computers, programs and hardware’s performance. Furthermore the latest drivers some times add new features to your hardware such as your CPU, keyboard, mouse, graphic card, hard drive etc.
- I still don't know what to do. How do I begin?
- Well we understand. This topic is a little nerdy. However you really need to keep your drivers updated. The safe and easy solution is DriverScanner, which is free to try. So why not start there? If you think you’re ready to try manually your self you need to do the following. 1) Go through your hardware units in Windows’ device manager 2) You’ll need to check each of them for the current version of the driver installed 3) Now you must check if there exists a newer version of this driver. We offer the most popular drivers directly in this section. If you can’t find it here, you must look up the manufacturers website to check. If there is a newer version you’ll need to be sure that it’s the correct driver for your hardware and download it. 4) Install it 5) proceed to next hardware unit.
- But hey! You said something about freeware that could auto-update my drivers?
- That’s correct. They are not as good as the premium versions but they are totally free, which is quite an advantage. You can find them in our driver section called Update all drivers. Look for the ones labeled Freeware. Happy updating!